The Directors wish to extend their heartfelt thanks to all those who help to make the Festival a success and especially to our Friends and Patrons, who include Dr R.V.Bailey, Annie Ellis, Jennie Farley, Gill Garrett, Chris Hemingway, Bill Holloway, Lesley Ingram, Michael Newman, Kate Saunders, Sheila Saunders, Michael Scaife d’Ingerthorpe and Howard & Marilyn Timms – and not least to those who wish to remain anonymous.
The Friends and Patrons Scheme
Cheltenham Poetry Festival offers a consistently varied and ambitious programme of high-quality events, making an important contribution to the cultural life of Cheltenham, of Gloucestershire and further afield. We launched the friendship scheme to thank our wonderful, supportive audience members and to offer the opportunity to help build on the Festival’s success, and be part of its future.
If you have been inspired and entertained by the Festival and wish to see it continue to flourish and grow, we invite you to make a personal contribution to its future by becoming a Friend or Patron. In doing so, you will also enjoy some privileges, but we make no secret of the fact that the main purpose of the scheme is to generate much needed financial support from people to whom the continued success of the Festival is important.
Level 1: for £15 a year you receive:
- priority notice of the Festival programme by e-mail
- a copy of the printed programme posted to your address as soon as it is available
- priority booking one week before booking opens to the general public 
Level 2: for £40 a year, you receive all of the benefits of Level 1, plus:
- at each Festival, a rebate  of up to £20 per Friend on the cost of tickets purchased
- 20% off tickets at the door for other events organized by the Festival during the year (ie, other than those at the Festival itself)
Patrons of the festival. You can become a Patron at one of three levels:
Level 1: For an annual donation of at least £100 a year, you receive all of the above benefits, plus:
- at each Festival, a rebate  of an additional £30 per Patron on the cost of tickets purchased
Level 2: For an annual donation of at least £300 a year, you receive all of the benefits of patron level 1, plus:
- free entry to all other Festival and Festival-organized events for the Patron
Life Patron: For a one-off donation of at least £1,000, you receive:
- all of the benefits of Life Patron level two every year for as long as the Festival continues – we hope for many, many years!
As a further token of our thanks, the names of all Friends and Patrons will be published (in alphabetical order) on the website and in the printed brochure (except, of course, where anonymity is requested).
 Tickets for events held on the Playhouse Main Stage are sold through the Playhouse Box Office rather than TicketSource – and advertised in their programme, well before the Festival brochure is published and general Festival booking begins. It may not be possible therefore to give Friends and Patrons priority booking in these cases.
 Applications for rebates should be made to email@example.com
firstname.lastname@example.org after tickets have been purchased, naming the relevant events.
 For obvious reasons, this commitment cannot be honoured for events that are already sold out, so requirements for free tickets should be submitted to the above e-mail addresses as far in advance as possible.